thefirstmanonjupiter
Reality, Honesty, Stupidity...zoomed. Exaggerating is an art!

Limit

Labels:
I was in a middle of a deadline to meet. This task I am working on requires me to get online and searh for resources. I come across this one site that got me thinking. It's not the content. It's not the layout. It's the slogan that this website has. Click here, please. Thank you.


This website carries the slogan "The sky's the limit." For a motivational work, this tag line if often used, I believe. But let's get logical (Gee,..when was the last time I got like that? Have I ever?). Are you sure that the sky is the limit? Are you sure that the sky IS INDEED the limit? I am not!


You see, in the world I was raised, I WAS trained to believe that everything IS possible. But when I grew up, I got the bad news. I believe that you gotta know when to stop. Not giving up, but just know when to stop.


Let's talk about work. There are many reasons for us to stop doing things at work.


1. We know that things we want are impossible to get because of political reasons. This is hard. We are forced to see that our efforts are blocked due to circumstances that are just outside our reach. What do I usually do when I experience this? Well,..in my HP-210 there is a folder named "Plans for my department". It contains recipes. Off course not, you fool :). It contains some files I will do later if I am already able to reach certain political barriers.


2. We may stop doing things simply because actually we do not have to do it. I consider that my body consists of 3/4 water, 1/3 fat, 2/8 muscle and 4/4 initiatives (Don't get bother with the fraction. I am a mutant.) Most of the jobs I take are not in my responsibilities (blah blah blah). So, when something happens along the way, I won't feel guilty  if I stop.


3. Do you do creative job or route work? For the first, well, there are many other sub reasons to stop. Some people say that ideas come and go. Some others say that ideas come, catch 'em, lock 'em up and never let 'em go. But come on guys, let's be demotivated. Ideas come, ideas go! That's it. Once it goes, it's a a sign to stop for a while and turn to your cigarette and blog, maybe?


4. How about your strength? Well, when I am not involved in an urgent matter, and my body strength was pulled down by gravity, I would turn to seek refuge bending my body horizontally.


So, guys, let's be demotivated for a once. Let's just stop. For it is easy to do.
4 comments:

Everything is possible. They are the ones WHO are impossible. And rule no# 6 in The Science of Unhappiness is unhappy people write better because they are more sensitive, angrier, and full of revenge.

ps: I like your no# 2


ironically, i saw a saying at the back of a mikrolet. it says: GAGAL, BIASA. USAHA, LUAR BIASA. :-)
**masak kalah ama mikroleeeeeet, eh, supirnyaaaaaaaaaaaaa**


kova: i am full of revenge now, :)
daff: jadi maksud lo,...elo sma gitu kayak tukang mikrolet? LOL.


Wow..so touched.I was the person who stopped the "clock". Opo terus maksud e baterei ne enthek. Argh... Ya,tp gak banyak juga lho yg gak mw berhenti untuk hal itu. Sayangnya,gak smw orang gak jg paham dengan kepahaman mbak Farah Quinn. *mlenceng.


About Me

My photo
Jakarta, Indonesia
There is a time in a man's life when he has to make a very important decision that will affect his future. For me,..it's writing this blog. ( Exaggerating is an art!!)

leave ur msg after the "beep". LOL.


ShoutMix chat widget
Count me in...